- Average length of stay 2 days
- Length of stay in hospital 0 day
- Operation duration 1 hour
- Anesthesia Local or general anesthesia
- Recovery duration 1 week
In Bichectomy surgery, the bichat fat pads in the cheek area are removed to give a thinner appearance to the cheek.
The fat removed from the cheek makes the cheekbones clear. Some people may look chubby because they have round facial features due to cheek fats. Bichectomy surgery solves these problems. This surgery is preferred not only by women but also by men.
During surgery done under local anesthesia, an incision of approximately 1 cm is opened in the mouth. Bichat pouches are removed with the help of this incision. The incision is closed with 1 or 2 dissolvable stitches. The operation takes between 45 minutes and one hour. Since the incision is opened inside the mouth, it leaves no visible signs. The patient is discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The surgery is performed safely in all healthy individuals over 20-24 years of age. Bichectomia is not performed in people under 18 years old and with infectious diseases..
Things to consider after surgery
Intra-oral wounds heal in 1 week after the operation. Postoperative edema is lost within a few days.
- Your doctor will give you mouthwash and antibiotic treatment to accelerate the recovery process after surgery.
- In the first week oral hygiene should be well taken care of.
- The patient should especially stick to the diet in the first week, avoid stiff and hot foods and eat soft foods.
- The patient can return to work within a few days after surgery.
- Sudden facial movements should be avoided in the first week.