- Average length of stay 7 days
- Length of stay in hospital 1 day
- Operation duration 2-4 hours
- Anesthesia General anesthesia
- Recovery duration 1-2 weeks
Breast reduction is a surgical operation to reduce the aesthetic concerns of the breast and to resolve physical complaints.
How to determine the ideal breast type?
The extent to which the breasts are reduced is determined by the ratio of height, weight and body dimensions. A general reduction is achieved if both breasts are of equal dimensions. However, if there is a proportional difference between the two breasts and the size of the small breast is normal, the two breasts are equalized and the dimensions are determined in this way.
- First, how much of the breast will be reduced and how will it be shaped,is determined.
- The patient is prepared for surgery and general anesthesia is performed.
- The incisions are opened by the surgeon and excess breast tissue is removed.
- The breast shape is revised and the incisions are stitched and the operation is terminated.
What is the age limit for breast reduction?
For this surgery, the patient must have completed the development of his body and breasts. Therefore, performing this operation before puberty is inconvenient. This operation can be performed from 20 years of age in patients who want to undergo breast reduction surgery and review breastfeeding.
Things to consider before the surgery
Your medical evaluation will be made before the operation. It is important that you tell your doctor about all medications you use. Alcohol and smoking should be stopped before the operation and the use of blood thinners such as aspirin should be avoided.
Things to consider after the surgery
During the rest and recovery process after the operation, the instructions given by the doctor should be followed and a special bra should be used. In addition, mammography should be taken and checked when the full recovery period is over. In this way, possible risks are prevented and the operation is successful.
Like any surgical procedure, Breast Reduction surgery also has a healing process. In the early period of the healing process, side effects such as bruising and swelling improve. The main development is the period starting with the removal of stitches. At the end of this period, the breasts become completely natural, take a new shape and the scars disappear.