- Average length of stay 7 days
- Length of stay in hospital 1 day
- Operation duration 2-5 hours
- Anesthesia General anesthesia
- Recovery duration 1-2 weeks
Rhinoplasty means nose job. It is an operation to fix nose-related health problems and provide an aesthetic appearance.
Why people prefer rhinoplasty?
The operation is performed to eliminate the complaints of the patients who do not like their nose shape, who want to have a smaller and aesthetic nose, who have health problems due to nose shape and who have nose structure changes as a result of an accident or trauma.
Rhinoplasty operations give very successful results when the instructions in the recovery process are followed.
How is it performed?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical operation. The operation is performed by the surgeon under general anesthesia.
The first step is the medical examination. In the examination, the doctor listens to the patient’s complaints and requests. Then it is determined, how the shape of the nose should be made, how the complaints will be resolved and which appearance will make the patient looks more aesthetic.
After the operation process is planned, operation steps start.
- The patient is prepared for the operation psychologically and physically
- General anesthesia allows the patient to sleep without any feeling during operation.
- The surgery begins and the corrections determined by the surgeon are made one by one.
- The incisions are sutured sleekly and thinly and the operation is terminated.
Things to consider before surgery
Before the operation, the first stage is to decide whether a permanent change in the nose is really desired or not. Before the operation, smoking and use of alcohol is quited and use of blood thinning medications such as asprin should be avoided. Because such substances affect the success of the surgery and the healing process. The pre-operation instructions of the doctor should be followed carefully.
What happens after the operation?
The post-operative period is the most important stage. It is critical for both the patient and the preservation of the nose structure.
After the operation, the doctor's advice should be followed and the pain killer recommended by the doctor for the pain that starts when the effect of anesthesia passes should not be neglected.
In case of possible infections, antibiotics or other drugs recommended by your doctor should be used.
After the surgery, bandages, dressings, and hygienic rules are also important. In this regard, the doctor’s recommendations should be heard and the bandages should be renewed at the specified intervals.
After the surgery, the nose must be protected against impacts. The patient should not take a shower with hot water.
Who can have rhinoplasty surgery?
There is no gender discrimination in rhinoplasty surgery. Men and women can have rhinoplasty surgery.
Who can't have rhinoplasty surgery
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Young people who have not completed their body structure and hormonal development
- Patients receiving regular medication for severe illnesses such as cancer
- Patients with diseases such as diabetes and blood clotting problems
How long does the recovery process last after rhinoplasty?
The recovery process after rhinoplasty varies according to the technique used, the manner of intervention and the personal characteristics of the patient. The mean recovery time after rhinoplasty varies between 7 and 10 days. Many patients can easily return to their daily life in as little as a week.