Start Your Search
Laser Teeth Whitening
As time passes, the teeth may turn yellow and stain due to tea, coffee, acidic beverages, cigarettes and incorrect dental care. Laser teeth whitening is an effective solution to treat this condition and also it is easy, reliable and affordable treatment.
Who can have laser teeth whitening?
- People who have staining and yellowing on their teeth, even though they look out for their dental and oral care.
- People who have staining and yellowing in their teeth due to cigarettes, coffee, tea and acidic beverages.
- People with teeth staining as a result of some antibiotics used under 12 years of age.
- For the yellowing and staining that occurs on the back surface of the teeth.
- People with congenital yellow teeth.
- People who have yellowing in their teeth as a result of a underwent febrile disease.
- People whose teeth got yellowed as a result of previous dental treatments which caused trauma in the teeth.
Who can not have laser teeth whitening?
- People under the age of 18.
- Pregnant women.
- People who do not reduce excessive tea and coffee consumption.
- People whose teeth roots became visible as a result of gingival recession.
- People who are allergic to solutions and medications that are being used during treatment.
- People who have restorations like implants or veneers on their teeth.
Laser Teeth Whitening Process
Before starting to laser teeth whitening treatment, it is evaluated whether the person is suitable for the treatment. Before treatment, the teeth are brushed with a fluoride-free toothpaste. Just before the procedure, the dentist cleans the teeth.
Gums and lips are protected by applying special protective agents. Whitening gel is applied to the teeth. Each zone is exposed to the laser beam for approximately 30 seconds. The duration of the laser beam varies depending on the gel, laser device and the condition of the teeth. After all areas have been exposed to laser radiation, the preservatives are removed and the process is completed.
Considerations After Laser Teeth Whitening Process
In the first 24 hours after treatment;
- There may be sensitivity in the teeth. Dentist recommended painkillers reduce this sensitivity.
- The effect of the bleaching procedure continues during this time. Therefore, any colorant food (tea, coffee, acidic beverages, fruit juices, curry sauce, paste foods, etc.) should not be consumed.
- Smoking should be avoided. If it is possible smoking should be quitted, if it is not, it should be reduced.
Laser teeth whitening is not a harmful procedure if it is performed under the control of the dentist. The effect of bleaching can last up to 2-3 years. The duration can be extended if the teeth are well cared for. And it can also be shortened if the activities that may cause yellowing in the teeth continue, such as use of coffee and smoking.